To be eligible for this program, students must meet the following qualifications:
- Hold a current unencumbered license as an RN in the state in which you currently practice. Note: an “unencumbered license” means neither the license, the licensee’s practice, nor the licensee is associated with any type of restriction, encumbrance, or probationary limitations imposed by the applicable Board of Nursing or any judicial entity. A copy of the RN license must be submitted at the time of application.
- Have earned an associate or baccalaureate degree in nursing from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning, such as the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)–formerly known as the National League for Nursing (NLN)–with a 3.0 GPA or higher (based upon a 4.0 scale). The ADN-MSN track GPA calculation is based on the last 30 credits of your associate program; the BSN-MSN track GPA calculation is based on the last 60 credits of your baccalaureate program.
- Satisfy the minimum clinical work experience requirement. ADN nurses must have the equivalent of two full years of work experience as an RN within the past five years; BSN nurses must have at least one full year of RN work experience within the past five years.
- Submit the following application materials:
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Copy of current unrestricted/unencumbered RN license
Note: Prior to enrollment in the program, submission of proof of “Lawful Presence” (in compliance with Proposition 300) will be required. For more information, please contact the Registrar’s Office, at 520-621-3113 or REGemail@example.com.
Tuition & Financial Aid
Tuition (2017 Academic Year)
Per Credit Hour: $800*
Total Tuition – ADN-MSN Track: $35,200* (based on 44 credits)
Total Tuition – BSN-MSN Track: $24,800* (based on 31 credits)
*Tuition is subject to change.
Application Fee: $85*
Books/Supplies: Approx. $300* per semester (prices may vary)
Arizona Financial Aid Trust Fee: $25*/credit (for enrollment of 1-6 total credit hours per semester | $49*/credit for enrollment of 7+ total credit hours per semester)
Information Technology/Library Fee: $240*/semester (assuming 7+ total credit hours per semester)
*Fees are subject to change.
There are a number of financial aid resources available for University of Arizona graduate students — from federal student aid to grants and scholarships or private student loans.
If you have specific questions related to financial aid for our online MSN program, please contact the UA Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid, at 520-621-1858 or AskAid@email.arizona.edu.
With start dates offered three times a year, you don’t have to worry about missing the opportunity to begin your program. Take a look at our academic calendar to find a timeline that is convenient for you.
Contact an Enrollment Advisor to discuss the application process including deadlines for the term you select.
|Spring 2017||Classes Start: January 9th|
|Summer 2017||Classes Start: May 8th|
|Fall 2017||Classes Start: August 28th|